There may be a risk that you start making this ice cream again and again once you have tried it. Nothing wrong with that! It’s super easy to make, it’s delicious and nutritious! Great as an everyday dessert but certainly tasty enough for special occations.
Actually, it works to make the ice cream with just one ingredient: frozen banana. You can vary the flavors you add as you want. Chocolate as in this recipe, cocoa powder, almond or peanut butter, frozen raspberries or strawberries for a sorbet, all works amazingly well in combination with the banana.
For kids this is a great dessert, made only from frozen fruit they can have ice cream every day. I almost always have a bag full of frozen banana chunks ready in the freezer for ice cream and smoothies.
- Banana (approx. 1/2 – 1 banana per serving)
- 1 piece of dark chocolate (70%) per serving.
- A few tbsp of coconut milk or any other milk
- Freeze bananas in advance in 1-2 cm-thick pieces.
- Mix the frozen banana and chocolate in a food processor.
- Scrape down the sides a few times during mixing.
- Carefully add drops of coconut milk to adjust the consistency a little at a time as needed.
- Serve immediately!
I don’t recommend to re-freeze the ice cream. A half hour – hour back in the freezer is OK though if you want to prepare a little. Then you can easily run it in the blender again before serving.