It was funny how the recipe for these crepes came about… I posted a question on Facebook what kind of recipes people want. Immediately came the response of a requests for egg free, gluten AND dairy free crepes … I don’t use chemicals or substitutes, only natural ingredients so that’s a real challenge!
I know what a problem it can be to find good recipes if you’re allergic to gluten, milk and also to eggs … I myself eat eggs but would love to be able to offer something for those who do not. I went straight into the kitchen and tried this idea that actually worked on the first try. The crepes turned out really yummy! And the texture is amazing, quite unbelievable they either have eggs or gluten in them. I really think they deserve to become a classic for those who are allergic to eggs, gluten and milk … Try it for yourself and tell me what you think! Can they become even better?
- 2 ripe bananas
- 400 ml of any liquid (water or milk, such as soy, almond or oat)
- 100 ml of tapioca starch
- 200 ml of buckwheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- Mix bananas and liquid in a bowl with a hand mixer till smooth. Add all the flour and possibly salt and continue to mix again until smooth. Let the mixture to sit for about 15-30 minutes.
- Fry the crepes in coconut oil or butter over medium heat. When you pour the batter into the frying pan, be quick to rotate the pan so that the batter spreads out evenly since it is pretty sticky. Also make sure that both sides of the pancakes get properly brown for the same reason. The result is amazing!
- Serve with fresh berries, with or without honey or agave syrup and whipped coconut cream.