When I recently offered one of my friends this dessert, she was silent for a while with the first bite in her mouth and then came the slow … “wow, who would have thought…” I challenge everyone to try this recipe! It doesn’t matter if you ‘re not allergic to dairy or if you’re not a Raw food-fanatic; you will be pleasantly surprised and certainly make this more than once.
Chocolate pudding from Avocado provides a luxurious texture and taste nothing like a replacement of the “real thing.” This IS The Real Deal. Try it and impress others!
Recipe (2 port)
- Approx 200g perfectly ripe avocado (1-2 avocados, depending on size)
- 4-5 tablespoons honey or agave syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- about 3.5-4 tbsp tbsp cocoa powder (preferably raw)
- Optional: a couple of pieces of dark chocolate
- If you want in chocolate-chips- small pieces of chocolate in the pudding, start by running a few chocolate pieces in the food processor (optional).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor. Start with the smaller quantities given and add more sweetening and cocoa to taste.
- Run the food processor until the mixture is smooth. You may need to taste a couple of times while processing since the Avocado will vary in size and texture. Tip: It will taste the better with a relatively strong cocoa flavor.
- Serve with raspberries or tropical fruits like banana, mango, passion fruit, pineapple or peach.